Coventry Irish Society volunteers carry out important and valuable work across the City on a regular basis. The hard work of our volunteers is much appreciated by staff, clients and members of Coventry Irish Society, however we are always keen to involve new volunteers.
Interested in volunteering?
Coventry Irish Society is in urgent need of skilled volunteers that can help us with the following projects:
- Website development
- Database development
- Health Outreach Screening: can you complete basic health MOTs, eg blood pressure checks, BMI, diet advice?
- Graphic design: Can you help us with our publications, St. Patrick's Day and Christmas cards, promotional material?
- Facebook and Twitter social media development
The time and commitment given is different for each volunteer and we encourage flexible roles. Although some opportunities do require a regular commitment, others mean you can volunteer as often, or a little, as suits you and your own personal circumstances.
Other Volunteering Opportunities
Opportunities at the moment include:
- Befriending: visiting a client on a regular basis, either in their own home or a care home. A social group is also planned to run alongside the befriending programme
- One-off events: ensuring events Coventry Irish Society is involved in run smoothly and safely, handing out leaflets / flyers, promoting the work of CIS to the public, setting up stalls etc. Past events have included the Positive Images Festival, Hillfields Gala Day, Saint Patrick’s celebrations and day trips
- Regular events, such as coffee mornings: setting up the room, serving refreshments, socialising with the service users
- Lunch club: setting up the room, serving food, raffle etc.
- Leaflet delivery
General volunteer training and support
All new volunteers are offered an induction training session, followed by regular informal team and one-to-one meetings. Further optional training is also available, depending on the needs of the volunteer.
Other benefits of volunteering
- Travel and general out-of-pocket expenses covered
- The opportunity to meet other volunteers and members, take part in various social events and ongoing support
- Supporting members of the local community, in particular older, isolated or vulnerable people
- An opportunity to try a new role
Please contact Simon McCarthy who will invite you for an informal chat to find the most suitable role before taking part in an induction session and, if necessary, further training. You will then be ready to begin your new role as a Coventry Irish Society Volunteer*
*Please note, this is dependent on satisfactory references and CRB check
How to apply
For further information on any volunteering opportunities please contact Simon McCarthy.